Sunday, January 27, 2013

Let's Do This.

Wow, where has the time gone? I swear Daylon still had three weeks left before he goes on his mission! Guess not.
A LOT has happened this past couple weeks since I last posted. One of my most favorite things Daylon and I did were baptisms at the Mesa Temple. We couldn't help but giggle every time we said, "Hey guess what! We're going to the Temple." ;) Just going inside with him dressed in white was beautiful. It was a special experience for both of us, especially because he baptized and confirmed me for those who are dead. He also told me I was his first baptism, and that made everything amazing :) After the Temple, we went to Bosa donuts and snuggled close from the cold air outside. All in all, it was a perfect night :)
The next day, we went to Olive Garden to celebrate our 7-month anniversary together. We've gone to Olive Garden for four of our anniversaries, I believe. It's basically our restaurant! We always get some form of the Fettuccine Alfredo :) After dinner, we went back to my house and watched While You Were Sleeping. But we definitely didn't actually "watch" it. We just enjoyed the time together. At one point, I had him rest his head in my lap and I rubbed his head and played with his hair until he fell asleep. It was absolutely perfect!
Sunday, January 20 was our actual 7-month, but obviously we couldn't do anything that day. But this day was also the point where I realized everything is happening so fast and that it is getting harder for me to let him go every night. Two years is a long time! I know a lot of people say it goes by quickly, but sometimes it feels slow in passing. He hasn't left yet, so maybe it feels slow because I'm dreading that final goodbye... but it will be SO worth every second apart! He's going to make some amazing memories and help bring so many people back to the Truth!
Not going to lie, the beginning of this week was difficult. Daylon and I were only supposed to see each other once, and school was just getting on my nerves. Why now? Really. BUT. By Thursday, we caved and I went to his brother's basketball game, and afterwards we went to my house and just hung out. It made me so happy to see him again! I have no idea why, but I definitely fell for him all over again that night <3
Friday I had a long night of work. Daylon told me that two girls wanted to hang out with him at Starbucks before he left, so he went along. I will admit I was a little jealous, but he assured me I'm his <3 After work, I went home and watched a few episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" and looked up wedding ideas on Pinterest. I am so obsessed, but I definitely don't care! Then I suddenly got a call from him telling me to meet him outside in 8 minutes. I patiently waited, confused the whole time, but once he drove up, he ran out of his car and swept me off my feet into an amazing kiss! He kept saying that he loved me over and over again. I was really flattered! But what the heck? Haha! He told me that those two girls showed him how much he truly appreciates me for who I am and what I believe in and that I'm not psycho ;) But no matter, it made me night! I definitely didn't sleep at all ;)
SATURDAY!!!! This was our day to spend ever last second together. He came over at 8 and we ate breakfast. Then we went to his sister's basketball game and came back home and talked about our future plans :) Let's just say, June 20, 2015 and May 23, 2015 are no longer in the picture ;) It's something like March 14th now, if you know what I mean ;) After talking future plans and snuggling for about three hours, we decided to go get lunch at Subway and then start watching the last Harry Potter together. We snuggled and cuddled the entire time! Halfway through, we had to bring his family dinner because his dad and sister were sick and his mom was up all night for her. After giving her a blessing, we were on our way back to my house! We finished the movie and started watching a few episodes of The Big Bang Theory! Around this time, it really started hitting me that this was the last night we really had together. And I definitely lost it. I felt terrible for crying, but he told me that I have been so supportive of him and that I've really helped so much, that I definitely deserve to let it all out. And I did. By the end, we were so snuggled up close on the couch that I placed my head on his chest and fell asleep. It was so unbelievably comforting! But of course when I woke up, it was time for him to go and the tears came all over again. At that point, we decided to pray together as a couple. We prayed for comfort over these next two years, that they will go by quickly and that we will make it and be together once again. After that, I felt so calm and peaceful and I KNOW it will come true. I just have to put all my faith in Heavenly Father during this difficult time, and He will do the rest :)
Today! Today was his farewell :) He looked so handsome! He is so ready to go :) His talk was so wonderful! He talked about the importance of really studying the scriptures and taking everything from them for our lives. :) I also performed a musical number with his Aunt! She sang a rendition of "I Need Thee Every Hour" and I accompanied on the piano. It all went so well! I talked and visited with all his family afterwards and his Grandma introduced me to everyone and couldn't stop talking about me! It's like I'm already part of the family ;) Now tonight I'm going to his mom's side of the family for FHE. Now this isn't such a big deal to a lot of people, but for his family, it's required to bring the person you want to marry for FHE. Holy flip let's do this! They're all going to know for sure of our future plans! ;)
These past few weeks have been hard but beautiful. I am SO READY for this adventure to start! He's going to be an amazing missionary <3

No comments:

Post a Comment