Sunday, January 6, 2013

First Post and Our Story :)

Hey everyone! It's Jenny :) and this is my first blog post!
I'm hopefully going to be updating this blog as much as I can, especially as I start an amazing journey waiting for my best friend and true love Daylon while he serves an honorable two-year mission in Santiago, Chile for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!

First off, I think I should tell our story. It'll be long, but I guarantee it's worth it! :)
I first saw Daylon early in January 2012 when we started our second semester of senior year at Mountain View High School. We had one class together, British Literature, and it was horrible! The subject matter was super boring, but the people in the class made up for it. Daylon sat two seats away from me, but we hardly ever talked. When we did, it was always super sarcastic, and somewhat mean. We didn't necessarily like each other. Actually, we kinda hated each other! Our sarcasm always butted heads and we often competed to be the most sarcastic. It was actually pretty fun! During this time, I liked another guy, but he was up at BYU-I, so I never saw him and hardly talked to him, but I still liked him. Obviously with this, Daylon never caught my fancy, until one day sometime in March, we looked into each other's eyes and I had this intense feeling overcome me. It whispered to me that I should get to know him better.I brushed it off. I liked another guy!
The second time I got this feeling was during a game my friends and I were playing in class together. I was asked the question "Jenny, would you kiss Daylon?" On the outside I practically shouted no, but on the inside, I was curious. What would it be like to kiss him? But I used that to be an excuse to want to kiss someone. I had never had my first kiss, and I was getting antsy! haha :)
Anyway, we graduated and I never thought I would see him again. We became friends on Facebook and would sometimes comment on each other's status, but that was it. Boy, did that change! The guy I currently liked made plans with me to hang out on a Thursday night in June. He was finally home from BYU-I and I would finally get to see him! I was elated! I got all dressed up and made sure I looked cute. We decided to drive separately and meet somewhere to play games. About 15 minutes before we were supposed to meet up, I texted him asking about the exact place to meet. No reply. Okay... after about 5 minutes I decided to call. No answer. I called again with the same result. I think I called him like five times that night. He never responded. The guy freaking stood me up! I was crushed. Devastated. Hurt. I was DONE. I finally gave up on him after liking him for TWO YEARS with no progress. I didn't deserve to be hurt, but it led me to my man. That night, I got on facebook to keep my mind off things. Suddenly, Daylon started chatting with me. It was surprising, and it made my stomach fill with strange butterflies. It felt normal. It felt RIGHT. As we talked, I realized that he was actually pretty amazing and we had a LOT in common! We exchanged numbers to text, and we haven't stopped texting ever since that night.
For the next week, we were practically inseparable  even if we were only texting. We stayed up until 1:30 in the morning talking. We found out more about each other everyday and I started to get a real interest in this guy.We made plans to watch the third Harry Potter at his house that Saturday. But his mom wanted us to make it a date, so we doubled up.
Waiting for Daylon to pick me up for the date was so completely nerve-wracking that I was almost positive I would throw up, even though I was sooo excited that I completely stopped eating the previous two days. He finally arrived and I had my first look at him since we graduated. Not gonna lie, it was weird. I had always disliked him in class, but now this next time that I saw him, it seemed almost surreal. Why had I started to fall for him? We put in the movie and sat down next to each other on his couch, but not close enough to touch. I never paid attention to the movie. I only thought about my rapidly beating heart and crazy idea floating in my mind to hold his hand. Uhhh it was the first date. I never do that on the first! Plus, I had NEVER held a guy's hand before. What was I thinking?! Before I knew it, we were touching shoulders and arms. My hand kept creeping closer to his. Finally it was up to him to decide what to do. Before I knew, his warm, soft, gentle hand dropped into mine and our fingers interlocked. I was no longer nervous. My heart was at peace. It felt SO right. My mind was at peace and a smile crept onto my face. I knew then that I really liked him. And I hoped that something amazing would come of this. After the date, he walked me to my door with our arms around each other in a sort of side-hug. We hugged at the door and I never slept that night. I was on cloud 9 and there was NO way I was coming back down! I couldn't get this guy out of my head.
We spent that Monday and Tuesday together. We were still so nervous, but both days we held hands, even in public! Tuesday night, we went to his house and sat on the couch and talked. Then he said three words I would never forget. "I love you." It was like a fairy tale  I knew my feelings for him were strong, but I didn't know what to say back. I was too happy! I could see some fear in his eyes for saying it, but I assured him that he meant so much to me.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012. This is the day I will always remember. I went swimming for mutual, but I couldn't stop texting the man who had just declared his love for me. After swimming, I laid in bed and asked him the one question that would forever change our lives: "Are we officially dating?" His reply came as a happy "yes" and my world was spinning. Happiness. Pure and utter happiness. And that Friday, I told him I loved him back. And I meant it. He was now my world and happiness.
July 3, 2012, we shared our first kiss under the big shady trees in my front yard. I asked him to come over and kiss me. So romantic right? But That first kiss was so beautiful. I had fallen in love. It felt perfect. I didn't know what to expect, and it was kinda weird seeing that it was my first, but it was so wonderful! I had fallen for him. There was no coming back! I couldn't have asked for a better fairy tale love story. And now for six and a half months, we've gotten more and more madly, desperately, deeply in love with each other. Daylon Michael Crider is my true love. I have found the man I want to share the rest of my life with!
Daylon got his mission call December 7, 2012 to Chile, Santiago West and he reports January 30, 2013! I am so excited for our journey to eternity to start!

2 comments: