I've totally neglected this blog for the last three months... oopsies. My life has been so incredibly busy lately that I've found it hard to find the time/motivation to update this blog. Well here it goes!
School has been crazy busy. I had 5 classes this semester! Granted, some of them were completely online or only met a few times during the semester, so it wasn't that bad. But the homework load and the mental and physical stress of handling everything was so tiring! It's just been a really difficult semester. My grades have been great, but some of my teachers have made school really difficult! I can't count how many times I've ranted about my linguistics class or my sign 6 class... thank GOODNESS the semester ends next week! But oh wait! I start summer school on May 27th. Yaaaaay. :P

BUT. During this semester I had the opportunity to apply for the Interpreter Program starting this fall! It what sooo nerve wracking! Basically, you go in for an interview completely in ASL (obviously), it's recorded, and then sent to some people to rate my signing. The rating scale is pretty difficult and only 12 people are accepted into the day program (one year long) and 12 people into the night program (two years long). No pressure at all! I won't find out the results until June or July, so this is going to be a looooooong summer.... I've been hoping and praying that I get in the day program so that I graduate 3 months after Daylon gets home! That's my dream! But I guess we'll see what Heavenly Father has in store for me. There's nothing else I can do right now. There's no redoing the interview, unless I don't make it in. Even then, I'd have to wait until March of 2015 to redo that! So I'm really hoping things work out in my favor. :)

I also celebrated my 20th birthday in March! HALLELUJAH it was my last one without my love! And *hopefully* we'll be married right around my next! I can't wait! Daylon is such a sweetheart and he sent me the most wonderful package ever! He's never sent anything before, but this package was everything and more! He sent an apron designed like the Chilean flag to help motivate me to perfect my cooking, two leather bracelets he had made for me with both of my names on them, a wonderful letter, and a RING. A real gold and diamond ring he happened upon one day. It is so gorgeous and perfect and I wear it every single day! The package made my birthday so much better than it was. I honestly missed him so much and really had no one to celebrate it with so I was pretty much bummed out all day. I did have a party in my ASL 5 class that day and went to lunch with my mom, all her siblings, and my grandma. My friend Eric took me to dinner and we watched a movie at my house later that night. It was fun and all, but I couldn't help but miss Daylon even more. I'm so ready for him to be home!
 |
| One of the Etsy commissions I did :) |
In April I opened up an Etsy shop! I always post new paintings and drawings on facebook and all of my friends keep telling me that I should sell them! So I took their advice, and set up my shop! You can find it
here :) So far, I've had 2 sales and have been contacted by two other people to do commissions that aren't in my shop. It's super exciting and I hope it takes off! I love creating art and I love making other people happy because of my art :) TELL YOUR FRIENDS! :)

Now onto my favorite subject: DAYLON! It's like I kinda like him, or something ;) He's been having such great success in his mission recently! He got a new companion, Elder White, in the beginning of February and they've been together since then. He's from Utah and also has a girlfriend! So I'm glad he and Daylon have something to connect on. They seem to have a good companionship and are working really well together! They had one baptism in March and have one this Saturday, May 3rd! They've been selected out of their entire mission for a special task! They are part of the "Simi Squad", which basically enlists them to update old stake and ward directories and find inactive members and try to bring them back! It's a long and sometimes difficult process which requires them to work on it most days of the week for 5-7 hours each day, but they've been making great progress. Daylon absolutely loves it because the mission office has given him and his companion laptops to work on. He loves any chance he can get to work on a computer! He was giddy with joy when he found out they'd get the laptops! Haha he's such a dork and I love him so much for it! He's been having so much fun on his mission! He's definitely super busy with everything going on, but we make our relationship work :) I'll just attach some pictures from these past months below :)
 |
| My happy man :) |
 |
| Daylon's District! |
 |
| He *FINALLY* got the salsa his mom canned over at my house and sent him! |
 |
| He's a dork. But he's MY dork :) |
 |
| Okay. I'm a dork too. Haha we like to be cheesy! |
 |
| We don't email chat anymore, but every so often, we'll sneak in a few emails back and forth! :) |
Life has been crazy, but it's all worth it. I love Daylon more than ever and I absolutely CRAVE the day he comes home. I can't wait for our eternity! I'm so proud of him and I am so thankful for his hard work and service on his mission in Chile. He's an amazing example to me and I love him so much!
Until next time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment