Wednesday, July 30, 2014

16, 17, AND 18 Months Down! Also, I fail at blogging.

The title says it all. I've neglected this blog for too long, once again. I just find it hard to even care about blogging anymore hahahaha. I think my blogging/journaling has been taken over by Instagram. Follow me @jennaynay77 ;) So I've decided with this blog post, I'll post all my pictures and write an update underneath. I'm to lazy to do anything else haha

So let's start with May!
May was Mother's Day :) So here's my mom and I on Mother's Day! I love her and all she does for me! We also like to dress similarly. Haha :)
Then I was invited to Skype Daylon later that day at the Crider's! It was THEE most fantastic thing ever! Skyping with him every few months is definitely what I look forward to! He's doing so well on his mission! He was very happy and I absolutely loved hearing him talk and laugh! And of course we had to get a picture of us skyping together! When I went up to the computer, his mom told us to do the cute half-heart thing! I love this picture :)
Then....... I GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER INTO THE DAY PROGRAM FOR INTERPRETING!!! Like I said in the last blog post, only 12 people are accepted into the Day Program and I was one of them! This is totally unreal. I knew I did well, but I knew that a few people who were applying were even better at ASL than I am. So I worried I wouldn't make it. Basically I was being super negative. Hahaha but doing lots of praying before my interview, along with a Father's Blessing, and lots and lots of praying AFTER the interview helped make my dream come true. Heavenly Father seriously answers prayers. <3 <3 <3
And then of course, 16 months down :) I'd say that past month was a good one! Lots of good things happened. Plus the month mark came up pretty fast! So that was May in a nutshell :)

And here's June!
June had Father's Day, so here's an oldie of my dad and I! :)

I bought a KitchenAid for super cheap! I'm obsessed with the color and I've used it quite a few times since buying it! I seriously can't wait to have my own home and make cookies and bread and lovely things for my husband and kids!

My parents went on a trip to North Carolina WITHOUT ME for a week. I definitely didn't like being home alone. I love my independence and alone time. I thrive off of being alone. But I don't like staying in an empty house by myself for a week. It gets scary haha. But my parents left me letters to open every day. It was adorable :)

Then my countdowns started looking better and better :) Can you believe this number started at 730?!

This sticker countdown has started filling up like crazy! As of writing this blog post, I'm starting on the "R" now! :)


Then it was me and Daylon's 2 year anniversary <3 I love this guy to Eternity and beyond. He's my everything and I can't believe he chose me. I love him more and more every single day and the desire to be with him keeps getting stronger. He's my absolute best friend and confidant and he loves me and understands me for me. He never judges me. He never berates me. He always lends a listening ear and a warm embrace. He's more than perfect and I can't wait to kneel across from him in the Temple as we become husband and wife for Time and All Eternity. <3

For mission news, Daylon was transferred into the Mission Office as the Financial Secretary for his entire mission!! That means he takes care of all the money: tithing, rent, bills, and allowances for missionaries. He's absolutely LOVING it and feels like he's doing such a wonderful job where he's at! He spends about 6 hours in the office each day and about 3 hours tracting. He misses the interaction with members and non-members all day long, but he loves the work he's doing in the office. Plus he works on computers all day long, and we all know how much he loves that! ;) Being the Financial Secretary means he'll be in the office for 6 months. THAT MEANS THIS IS HIS LAST ASSIGNMENT BEFORE HE COMES HOME. WHAT THE WHAT?!

Then of course, 17 months down :) This month also flew by! And that's totally okay with me :)

Now for July!
This happened. What. 25% left?!

I've been baking more! These are my first loaves of bread I made with my mixer and they were so dang yummy! Daylon is lucky ;)

My family went up to our cabin over the 4th. It was fun and relaxing! We read and watched movies and played games and went exploring! We also tracked an elk! They NEVER come this close! It was a good weekend! :)

I hung out with some MGs! We ate lunch and went shopping and it was so fun! I always love hanging out with girls that are in the same position as me :)

Daylon is loving his mission so much! Plus he looks so happy and so dang handsome! I'm so proud of him! He works so hard every day :)

Plus he sends the best emails <3 Every once in awhile we'll chat. And every time we do, he makes my day a million times better! His sweet and loving words mean so much to me, and he really does do so much for me, despite the distance!! I LOVE HIM! <3

Aaaaaand 18 months down!!! Tomorrow, July 31, is also Harry Potter's birthday, and we all know how much Daylon and I love the series, so I dedicated this countdown picture to the Boy Who Lived! I can't believe it's been a year and a half since Daylon left to serve the Lord! I'm so proud of him and all the hard work he's doing! He is absolutely perfect and I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I swear, he gets more perfect every day. And I fall even harder. <3

Here's to the last 5 1/2 months without my handsome man. It's crunch time! <3

Always <3











2 comments:

  1. Girl, you need to start writing more!! I LOVE reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this. Haha I love you! And I definitely need to write more. I fail at it haha

      Delete