Thursday, January 30, 2014

ONE YEAR DOWNNNNN!!

SHUT. UP.
This is really REAL?? It can't be....
But this makes me so dang excited!! I can't believe it's actually here! I've dreamed about this day since before he left. Half way there feels so good! 
This year has had its fair share of ups and downs, long nights of crying and devouring tubs of ice cream, but also laughing and reminiscing about the amazing memories we've had. I won't lie and say this has been the easiest thing I've ever done. That's completely absurd! But what makes it seem easy is the love Daylon and I share. I've found that on the many times I've cried myself to sleep or binged on Netflix, Daylon's love fills me up and reminds me that it's worth it and it will end eventually. :) And Daylon has told me the same goes for him. He's been having a SUPER hard time with his companion right now, but he has told me that he feels my love and support and it lifts him up when all he does is fall down. That's what our relationship is like. No matter the distance, we lift each other up :) However, it's still been difficult. To be apart from your best friend and love of your life for any amount of time is hard. But to willingly be apart for two years is just crazy! I never thought I would be a missionary girlfriend. I used to think the girls that waited were just crazy! Now I'm one of them and it's the best (and easiest) decision I've ever made in my life. I know this is right for me. Daylon and I are so in love and so comfortable with each other. There's no way our relationship would be this perfect without it being blessed by Heavenly Father. :)

This last month went by SO. SLOW. So dang slow.... oh my goodness. I thought it would never end! The first month or so of this wait went by super slow, then everything else flew by! I hoped that this one would, too. BUUUUUT no. HALLELUJAH it's finally over! Everyone keeps telling me the second year goes by super fast too, so I can only hope that happens for me!! I've definitely felt some mixed feelings as this new year has started. I am SO HAPPY that it's finally here! But I keep remembering what I did a year ago today, and how we said goodbye a year ago yesterday. Hooooo boy. Those are some intense feels. I just remember feeling so lonely and so numb. I wanted so badly for it to be a dream. I felt like I was actually in one. But then reality set in and I was a mess. Knowing that we had said our goodbyes and that two whole years would pass before we could physically be together again was devastating! Obviously I wouldn't have him be anywhere else. His mission is the most important thing he can be doing right now! I'm so glad he's there and I will always support him! But it's hard. I would honestly be worried if it wasn't hard.... haha

This past month for Daylon has been the biggest trial he has faced on his mission so far. He was sick for a few weeks, started having companion problems, and Satan started bugging him and getting him down. He went through a hard couple of weeks but he's finally starting to get out of it. He's been progressing with his investigators! So far a family has all made a goal to go back to church and a different lady has decided to be baptized in March! This is so exciting! Daylon is such a great missionary and I can't be prouder of him and his example and hard work! He's doing so great! :)
Chilean Flag Santa Claus hats!

I found this old picture of him when a member posted it to his FB page. I'm obsessed. He's so handsome! <3

For me, I started school again with a heavy load! I have 6 classes this semester, but some are only 6 weeks long. It's still a crazy load! However, so far I only have to physically go to one class every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday! HALLELUJAH. But that means everything else is online.... ick. Also this semester, I have to apply for the interpreter program! SCARY!! It will determine if I'm 1) good enough to be an interpreter and 2) if I make it into the day program which is one year long, or the night program which is two years long. I am hoping and praying for the day program so that I can be done a few months after Daylon comes home!
I also got to go to the Gilbert Temple Open House! I have never been to one before and I absolutely LOVED it!! Being in the Temple and feeling the Spirit so strongly was everything I needed and more. Seeing the giant chandelier in the Celestial Room and hearing how quiet and peaceful it was was amazing. Looking into the Eternity Mirrors and imagining myself looking at Daylon and I going on through the Eternities together forever was such a wonderful confirmation of our forever love. It was a beautiful experience and I am so thankful for it!
My Forever Family <3

Yaaaay Steelers! I took this pic for Daylon for Superbowl Sunday. Even though the Steelers aren't playing, he can just stare at me and pretend everything is well in the world. haha :P
This post is gonna be short cuz I've got a long day ahead of me tomorrow... ew. But yeah! Year mark, yay!! I spent the day watching tv and doing Valentine's crafts. I'll *hopefully* make a post about my DIY crafts :) I can only hope this next year flies by and that Daylon and I continue to grow together in love and on the same spiritual level. I love my best friend so much!! <3

Always <3

No comments:

Post a Comment