Friday, August 30, 2013

Lucky Number 7!

That's right. 7. Heck yeah. 
These months keep going by faster and faster! And I love it. The sooner he gets home, the better!!!!! I miss my best friend. Every day. All day. Not a day goes by where I don't think of him and miss him. But it's okay. We'll be together in 17 more months! Haha :)

This month has been a little bi-polar at times. There are times when I feel like everything is fabulous and the time is going by so fast, but then there are other times where I just miss him terribly. Obviously, I'm never going to stop missing him, but the pain does go away for awhile and things get a little easier. I'm just ready for time to go by even faster. I think I say that every day...haha BUT time is always moving and we're one day closer than yesterday :)
Anyway, this last month I went on vacation to Nutrioso, Arizona for 5 days! It was fun to get away from the craziness of life and spend some quiet time in the woods. We went on plenty of walks, quad rides, picnics, and even spent an afternoon shooting! However, after 5 days of no cell or internet service, I was going through withdrawals. It's okay though, I survived. ;)
After the vacation, I had about a week to get ready for school! I've transferred over to Phoenix College since it's the only place in the Valley that takes my major. My major is Sign Language Interpretation and Deaf Studies, by the way :) I love it! Six hours of sign language and Deaf studies a day is pretty intense, but I really enjoy it! The people on the lightrail ride there and those in my classes are probably THE most interesting people I have ever met in my life. My eyes have definitely been opened to the craziness of the world! It's going to be an interesting semester. I have two deaf teachers! I've never had a deaf teacher before, so it's definitely a new experience for me! I can't wait to graduate! My major only takes two years! It's perfect timing with Daylon's mission! I'll only have one semester left after he gets home! :)

Sooo here's what Daylon has been up to! It was his 19th birthday on August 16th! He's finally the same age as me haha :) He was pretty bummed on his birthday, though, because Chile was on a mail strike for a whole stinkin month so none of his birthday stuff got to him in time! The strike FINALLY ended this last Tuesday!!! HALLELUJAH! I've gone two months without a letter, and Daylon the same, so this is absolutely fantastic news!! Anyway, he did his best to have a good day, but he said it was hard being away from everyone. However, he sent home another VIDEO that he took on his birthday!! I love this guy so incredibly much!!


Daylon also kept a HUGE secret from us for about a month and a half.... HE GOT SURGERY!!!! This guy. He's going to give his mom and I a heart attack. It was just for an ingrown toenail, but part of his toe actually had to be removed! It looks normal, but still.... I'll save you from the gross pictures he sent :P He was in a lot of pain and I was sooo dang upset that I couldn't be there to dote and love him like he did for me when I got my wisdom teeth out. I'm just glad everything is okay!
He also FINALLY had some investigators!! After a month of basically nothing, a few investigators showed up to church one Sunday and loved it all! I'm sooo happy for him and hope things go well with them!
His previous companion's two years were up and so Daylon got a new greenie companion! His name is Elder Hurd and he's from St. George, Utah. He's already finished his training and now Daylon is the senior companion! This is a new thing for him since he's always been the junior companion! I guess it's about time this happens :) Elder Hurd has a few health problems due to a torn MCL, so he and Daylon go to the city once or twice a week for his doctor appointments. Prayers are gladly accepted!! I hope they enjoy their companionship! It'll be fun to hear all the crazy adventures they have in Chile!

Me, Savanna, Lorissa, and Olivia! :)
Today I celebrated the 7th month mark by going to lunch again with more Arizona MGs! I met up with Savanna, Olivia, and Lorissa at Chipotle and we had a nice time chatting about our missionaries and all the things going on in our lives right now. Come to find out, I'm the "grandma" MG out of all of us! Savanna's missionary has been out close to 5 months and the other two girls are at 2 months and almost 1 month down. I gave them all some advice! It was great making new friends! :)
So, I just really love Daylon Michael Crider more than anything in the world. I'm not quite sure it's apparent enough in this blog.... ;) He is my absolute best friend and I can't wait to be with him for all of eternity. Just one step at a time, one day closer, and mind full of patience. That's what it'll take. We'll eventually get there :) I love him <3

Always <3






2 comments: