Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Six Months DOWNNN!

Shut up. NO WAY. This can't be right... BUT IT IS! Ahh it's so liberating to know that those first six months are done and over with! They were hard at times, but now things are getting so much easier. I'm so ready for time to start moving even faster!

A lot happened this month :) Daylon experienced some heavy rainstorms that required patching up roofs of all the church buildings in his area, visiting a Chilean castle, getting a new mission president, hearing Elder Zabellos of the Seventy speak, and ripping the cuff of his pants twice! This crazy boy of mine is having some awesome adventures! He and his companion are still struggling to find people to teach, but they're being patient and working hard and not giving up. :) Despite the fact that things are slow, Daylon is loving every second of his mission! He loves the places he goes, the people he meets, and the fun things he gets to experience :) He's such an awesome, diligent, hard-working man! Oh I just love him!! <3


He's had some fun times riding bikes up through mountains, seeing monuments, and hanging out with his district. This picture is of his district hanging out one night. The girl in the middle left that day and the two guys on each side of him are leaving in August. Daylon loved hanging out with them!





Here's a picture of the castle they saw the other day :) It's called Santa Lucia and it's a monument dating back to the 1800's. How cool is that?? Daylon loved seeing it, although he had no idea what it was haha :)
 So, for me, this month was pretty good! I finished up my math class (I got an A!), worked almost every day, finished my summer institute class, learned how to cook 3 different meals, dyed my hair strawberry blond, played with my nephew, danced in the rain, stayed up past midnight a few times discussing all things girly with Lauren, and created more artwork :) It was all so great! This month flew by so fast. I really can't believe it! I kept myself super busy, and the time sped by!

It's such an accomplishment to finally hit this six month mark. When Daylon first left, I always DREAMED of the day that I would have six months under my belt. And now it's here and I don't know what to do with myself! Next, I'm counting down to when school starts, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and after that is his year mark! This next time period is going to go by so fast!

One more amazing thing before I add pictures..... :) I fell in love with him all over again because of yesterdays email!! He is so amazing and perfect and loving and kind and wonderful and I can't believe he's mine!! The genuine, pure love he shows me is absolutely perfect and everything I could ever ask for. The fact that he takes the time to write me a heartfelt email each week is so precious to me. They always make me fall in love all over again <3 plus.... HE SENT VIDEOS YESTERDAY!!!!!! The first one is just of him talking, but the second one shows HIM. HIS FACE AND PERFECT SMILE AND EYES AND EVERYTHING. I DIED. FOUR TIMES. I couldn't have asked for anything better than those videos! I've already watched them a million times <3 Just to hear his voice again is a blessing, but to be able to see him and watch him speak and see his facial expressions and to know that he is real and there and alive is more than I could ever ask for. I've missed watching him talk and hearing the fluctuations in his voice and seeing the way his eyes light up when he talks about something interesting. You never really know how much a voice can leave such an astounding impact on you until you never hear it again. These videos, although short, are added to the list of my most prized possessions. They really are a blessing <3 I'll attach them in case anyone is curious. But mostly for me when I reread my posts..... ;) haha


 These videos are priceless. Especially because the poor guy can't figure out how to sew! Haha I just love him so much!!! <3 Now for some random pictures :) These first few I found by stalking his first companion's mom's facebook page. Creepy girlfriend?? Check ;)
I have no idea why his companion is holding the branch or why they're squatting, but I think this is adorable. :)

Bathroom picture?? Hahaha
And E. W. V.? I have no idea..

Daylon and his two companions with their old Mission President and his wife :) And just saying, Daylon is 6'1".... how tall is his MP?!

This picture was taken today when I met up with two fellow MGs from here in Arizona! Savanna Westberg is on the far left and Atziry Madera is in the middle. We met up at 5 Guys and ate lunch and then went shopping at Dana Park. It was SO much fun! I love these girls!


Here's to only 18 more months <3

Always <3

No comments:

Post a Comment