Saturday, March 30, 2013

2 Months Down? Check :)

That's right. Two. Two whole months done and I never have to repeat them again! It surprises me how fast this is going. Two years sounds like a loooong time. And it is. But when you really see how fast time goes, it surprises you. Yes, I still have 22 more months to go, but it will go by fast. I know it :) It already has! Let's do this, babe!

Daylon's mission is going SO WELL! He flew out to Chile on March 12 and he got to CALL ME! Oh it was sooo wonderful to hear his voice again after six weeks without it! I thought it was going to be awkward. What the heck would we even talk about?? But we picked up our conversation as if he never left. :) That was SO comforting! We talked about what we both have done those past six weeks, what we're looking forward to, how we're doing, and all that other fun stuff. I seriously love him so much! He's becoming an amazing missionary and has a lot to look forward to :) And our love has grown more than we ever thought it would. We are growing in love and spirit together <3 He's absolutely loving everything about Santiago! He says that the people are great (despite the threats he's already received about being a gringo), the scenery is beautiful, and he just loves life. What's better than that? His first week there, all his appointments fell through, mostly because the ward list is sooo outdated! He felt a little flustered, but happy news came later that week...

HE HAS HIS FIRST BAPTISM!!!!!!! Holy crap! I am SO EXCITED! Daylon has probably only taught this man once or twice, but he gets to baptize him! He's an awesome black man from Haiti that knows like no Spanish at all, haha :) But this is so great! He's getting baptized on March 31, Easter Sunday, aka tomorrow!! I can't even explain how excited I am :) I just love my missionary so much! He's so perfect and wonderful and I can't wait for eternity with him! <3

The picture below is of his MTC district on one of their last days there :) He loves all of them! He's on the very back row on the left. Isn't he just so handsome?! :) <3

Today, I spent most of the afternoon at his house playing with his sisters and dyeing Easter eggs :) It was so great to spend the day with them! My relationship with his mom is getting so much better! She even asked me about what I want to name my future kids aaaand she loved it! ;) It's so perfect :) Blessings really do come from sending missionaries off! It's so great :)
Ohh and I also got a new calling in my ward :) I'm the new primary pianist! Now I play piano for primary and the ward choir and it's so fun! I love it :)

Life is seriously so great. I'm so glad I have a missionary to support and love every single day <3 I love Elder Daylon Michael Crider!!! <3 Preach the Word, sweetheart :) <3

Always <3

No comments:

Post a Comment